|The Crimson Talisman|
|Publisher||Wizards of the Coast|
|Date||May 3, 2005|
|Followed by||The Orb of Xoriat|
|“|| A world torn by generations of war...
Erethindel, the fabled Crimson Talisman. Long sought by the forces of darkness. Long guarded in secret by one family.
But now the secret has been revealed, and only one young man can keep it safe. As the talisman's powers awaken within him, Erethindel tears at his soul.
The Crimson Talisman is the first title in a new Eberron series that focuses on war-torn souls that have known nothing but a world in chaos. Each book in this series will focus on the aftermath of the Last War, in which every realm of the Eberron setting fought a bitter and long-lasting battle.
- Vaddi d'Orien, Half-elf heir of Marazanth Hold and holder of Erethindel.
- Cellester, former Cleric of the Silver Flame.
- Nyam Hordath, a mysterious traveling peddler.
- Zemella, an elven sorceress who is a member of the Keepers.
- Caerzaal, a Vampire seeking to use the Crimson Talisman to further his own plans.
- Zuharrin a sorcerer and member of the Emerald Claw.
- Abdas: Kalfar's steward
- Anzar d'Orien Vaddi's father
- Aramil An Aereni Elf of the Valaes Tairn.
- Ardal Barragond: An elf of the Finnara clan.
- Ashtari Mereen: A hippogriff that is loyal to Zemella.
- Dramman Wandel
- Ezrekuul: A dryad that was trapped in the Madwood
- Fallarond Captain of the Deathguard.
- Gez Muhallah: Pirate and first mate to Vortermars.
- Gonardal A member of the Sea Harlot
- Indreen: Vaddi's elven mother.
- Kalfar Munjati: representative of Pylas Maradal and cousin to Vaddi on his mother's side. He wears a vivid green turban and gleaming rings.
- Karg A guard who protected in Azzahareb.
- Kazzerand: A warlord who was effectively exiled by Vaddi's father. He later becomes steward of Marazanath.
- Thucknor: A pirate and informant to Nyam.
- Scaab: A pirate and informant to Nyam.
- Sfarrag: A dwarf informant to Nyam.
- Tallamorn: An elf necromancer and member of the Deathguard
- Vortermars: Pirate and captain of the Sea Harlot.
|This section is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.|
- The novel features an incest romance between the protagonist Vaddi and his cousin Zemella. This becomes apparent when stated by Kalfar when he learns of Vaddi's interest in Zemella. "The blood of Dendris runs through her veins and yours." - Chapter 9. Zemella is related to Vaddi through his mother's side.
- Vaddi d'Orien is a half-elf despite House Orien being a human dragonmarked house, making it impossible for a non-human to possess the Mark of Passage.
- Despite the War-Torn series' focus on characters who have lived through the Last War and its results, few characters mention the war and how it affected them or what they did during the war. The story instead focusses on an item of power, demonology and cultism.