The Shugenja Edit
Shugenja are divine spellcasters with a close tie to one particular element. They are spontaneous spell casters and are able to sense their favored element with greater accuracy as they grow in power. Shugenja usually choose one of the four "classic" elements in which to focus their training and are prohibited from casting spells of the opposing element (ie. fire-water, air-earth). Could someone please post the abilities and feats etc. of each class?
The Shugenja in Eberron Edit
In Eberron shugenja form a relatively new religious order known collectively as the Path of the Elemental Master, which worships the dragons of Argonnessen over the traditional Sovereign Host. These shugenja rever dragons on a near divine level and attempt to reach divinity themselves through imitation of their draconic patrons.
This movement is not to be mistaken with the totemic worship found amongst the Seren barbarians, though some shugenja do live with the savage humans and attempt to convert them to their way of thinking.
The order is divided into eight distinct orders, each one focusing on a specific element (air, earth, fire or water) and with its own type of dragon as its symbol and focus for its ideals. The orders are shown below, though it is certainly possible that lone shugenja or shugenja of a more secretive order could exist.
- Order of the All Seeing Eye- Green dragons
- Order of the Spring Zephyr- Silver dragons
- Order of the Impenetrable Crucible- Blue dragons
- Order of the Perfect Sculpture- Copper dragons
- Order of the Consuming Flame- Red dragons
- Order of the Forbidding Wasteland- Black dragons
- Order of the Gentle Rain- Bronze dragons
- Order of the Ineffable Mystery- Gold dragons
--Jorda75 20:20, 26 August 2008 (UTC)