|Cover Art by Wayne Reynolds|
|Shadows of the Last War|
|Edition||3rd ed. (3.5)|
|Publisher||Wizards of the Coast|
|Date||July 1, 2004|
|Preceded by||The Forgotten Forge|
|Followed by||Whispers of the Vampire's Blade|
Shadows of the Last War is an adventure module set in the Eberron campaign setting. It was first released in July 2004 for 3.5 edition and is a sequel to the first Eberron adventure, The Forgotten Forge. The adventure is for 2nd level characters and was designed by the creator of the Eberron campaign setting, Keith Baker.
|“|| The ruined House Cannith citadel of Whitehearth holds the key to constructing a terrible magic weapon. Agents of the Emerald Claw will stop at nothing to recover the ancient device. As malevolent forces hunt for the artifact, resourceful heroes battle the perils of the Mournland to reach Whitehearth first and discover the secrets that lie within.
"Shadows of the Last War" is a stand-alone adventure for the Dungeons & Dragons game that will immerse your characters in the Eberron campaign setting. Designed to challenge 2nd-level D&D heroes, it pits them against one of Eberron's most nefarious organizations.
The module is a linear adventure with no side quests and features two dungeon sites, Rose Quarry and Whitehearth. There are six parts to the adventure and is centred around a House Cannith artefact which the player characters must retrieve before the villains, the Order of the Emerald Claw. The adventure starts in Sharn and leads to Rhukaan Draal and finally to the Mournland.
The physical copy of the adventure is a softback booklet featuring eleven black and white images of art and three in book maps.
- Cutlass: A warforged assassin and member of the Lord of Blades.
- Elaydren d'Cannith
- Failin, formerly of House Orien
- Keltis Doran
- Rorsa, Awakened Dire Wolf
- Valea Ildallia
New Spells and Magic ItemsEdit
- Olladra's Chalice: A magical chalice that can be found in Rose Quarry it is a wondrous item that can purify any liquid placed within it and can also turn water into holy water.
- Talaen Kara: Or The Bold Stallion in common is a Valenar double scimitar that embodies the spirit of a Valenar warhorse.
- Undead Eyes: A necromancy spell that Garrow has learnt. It allows him to form a telepathic link to any undead he has cast control undead upon, enabling him to issue commands and to see and hear through the senses of the undead.
- Carcass Crab p.22
- Cutlass p.6
- Dwarf Glass Zombies p.16
- Elaydren d'Cannith p.5
- Failin, formerly of House Orien p.10
- Garrow p.19
- Half-Elf crew members p.8
- Half-Stone Golem Wolf p.30
- Hobgoblins p.9
- Kaela p.17
- Keltis Doran p.15
- Living Color Spray p.30
- Living Flaming Sphere p.26
- Mallora p.15
- Rorsa, Awakened Dire Wolf p.27
- Vulture Zombie p.15
- The front cover illustration features a character dressed in Valenar clothing and is wielding a Valenar double scimitar. This weapon is most likely Talaen Kara and the character wielding it is most likely Valea Ildallia.