|Aliases||The Plain of Ice|
|3rd edition rules|
|Enhanced Magic||Cold spells|
|Impeded Magic||Fire spells|
|Coterminous||1 month every 5 years|
|Remote||1 month every 5 years|
|Source|| Eberron Campaign Setting,|
Risia the Plain of Ice is a plane that is layer upon layer of snow and ice with a constant blizzard raining down new layers of sleet snow and ice from a dark grey clouded sky.
Risia is a plane comprised primarily of ice. The very atmosphere freezes the lungs and steals away the breath. The average temperature on Risia is 0°F. On any given day, there is a 50% chance of extreme weather in the form of snow, sleet, hail, or a blizzard.
- Risia is the home of various ice-based demons and devils, including gelugons and ice mephits.
- Elementals such as chraals, immoths, and ice paraelementals thrive on Risia.
- Even in the bitterest cold, some animals call Risia home, like the frost salamander and the rejkar.
- Snowflake oozes also come from the plane of Risia.
- The continent of Argonnessen saw an incursion from the planes of Fernia and Risia, though the location of the Risia manifest zone is not documented.
- There are a large amount of Risia manifest zones in Everice and in the Frostfell.
- There are many manifest zones scattered amongst the peaks of the Graywall Mountains between Breland and Droaam.
- There is a large but intermittent manifest zone to Risia in the Tashana Tundra on Sarlona.
Effects on the Material PlaneEdit
When Risia is coterminous to Eberron, regions of intense cold, like the Frostfell, Everice, and northern Khorvaire, are subject to intense cold. These areas also allow for transport between Eberron and Risia to occur, as well as bolster cold-related spells and powers. Risia is coterminous to the Material Plane during the midwinter month of Zarantyr, once every five years.
When Risia is remote from the Material Plane, cold becomes somewhat less intense. Conditions of extreme cold are reduced in severity, and cold-based spells are harder to cast. Risia is remote from the Material Plane during the midsummer month of Lharvion, once every five years, two and a half years after each coterminous phase.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Eberron Campaign Setting. Keith Baker, Bill Slavicsek, and James Wyatt (2004). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-3274-0.
- ↑ Dragons of Eberron. Keith Baker, Scott Fitzgerald Gray, Nicolas Logue, and Amber Scott (2007). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-4154-5.
- ↑ Player's Guide to Eberron. James Wyatt, Keith Baker, Luke Johnson, Steven Brown (2006). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-3912-5.
- ↑ Five Nations. Bill Slavicsek, David Noonan, and Christopher Perkins (2005). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-3690-8.
- ↑ Secrets of Sarlona. Keith Baker, Scott Fitzgerald Gray, Glenn McDonald, and Chris Sims (2007). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 978-0-7869-4037-0.
|The Planes of Eberron|
| Daanvi · Dal Quor · Dolurrh · Fernia · Irian · Kythri · Lamannia · Mabar · Risia · Shavarath · Syrania · Thelanis · Xoriat|