| A fire mephit, steam mephit, and ice mephit,|
from the 3.5 Monster Manual
|Avg. Weight||Varies (1 lb. to 80 lbs.)|
|Homeland(s)||Fernia; Lamannia; Risia|
|3rd edition rules|
|Creature Type||Outsider (Extraplanar)|
|Advancement||By hit dice|
|Source||Monster Manual v. 3.5, pg. 180-185|
Mephits are small elemental creatures from the various planes of Eberron. They are curious, impish creatures with small wings and tiny horns. They have a tendency to cross manifest zones from their native planes to Eberron, where they may cause mischief or become agents of other powers. 
Just like elementals, mephits have a number of types:
Air mephits look like short, cloud-white humans with whirlwinds where their legs should be. They can produce gusts of wind, and their healing occurs when exposed to winds. They speak Auran and Common.
Dust mephits look like short, gaunt humans with flaky skin and a sorrowful expression. They can turn themselves into a mass of rolling dust, and heal in dusty, arid environments. They speak Auran and Common.
Dust mephits call the plane of Lamannia home. Dust mephits have been seen in the desert of Menechtarun, on the continent of Xen'drik, and in the forests of Ahdryatmin, within the continent of Sarlona.
Fire mephits call the plane of Fernia home.
Ice mephits call the plane of Risia home.
Magma mephits look like small brutish humans made of lava and flowing molten stone. They can transform themselves into a pool of lava, and can fire pyrotechnics. They heal only when touching lava or magma, and can speak Common and Ignan.
Magma mephits call the plane of Fernia home.
Ooze mephits looks like small humans composed of muck and filth. Slime drips from their bodies, and they produce an offensive odor. They can fire acidic blobs at enemies, and only heal in wet or muddy environments. They speak Auran and Common.
Steam mephits resemble small, pale humans with vapor rising from their ears, nose, and mouth. They shed drops of streaming water when they move, and can surround themselves with a plume of superheated vapor. They only heal in hot, humid areas, and can speak Common and Ignan.
Steam mephits call the plane of Fernia home.
Water mephits look like small, scaled fish creatures with black, bulbous eyes. They can fire blobs of acid, and can create a mass of smelly fog. They onlu heal when under water or exposed to rain, and they can swim great speeds. They speak Aquan and Common.
All mephits have similar powers. Mephits all have breath weapons, which project their specific type of damage. They can summon other mephits, and have ability to quickly heal their wounds. They have darkvision, and are resistant to damage.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Monster Manual. Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, and Monte Cook (July 2003). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 Eberron Campaign Setting. Keith Baker, Bill Slavicsek, and James Wyatt (2004). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-3274-0.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Secrets of Sarlona. Keith Baker, Scott Fitzgerald Gray, Glenn McDonald, and Chris Sims (2007). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 978-0-7869-4037-0.
- ↑ Dragons of Eberron. Keith Baker, Scott Fitzgerald Gray, Nicolas Logue, and Amber Scott (2007). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-4154-5.
- ↑ Sharn: City of Towers. Keith Baker and James Wyatt (2004). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-3434-4.
- ↑ Secrets of Xen'drik. Keith Baker, Jason Bulmahn, and Amber Scott (2006). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-3916-8.