|Aliases||The Eternal Day|
|3rd edition rules|
|Enhanced Magic||Positive spells|
|Impeded Magic||Negative spells|
|Coterminous||10 days every 3 years|
|Remote||10 days every 3 years|
|Source||Eberron Campaign Setting, pg. 96|
Irian the Eternal Day is a plane of positive energy. The plane is suffused with positive energy not enough to harm life, but enough to sustain unusual forms of life, though not necessarily good aligned creatures.
A brilliant white sun hangs in a beautiful blue sky while rivers of liquid glass flow down from mountains of quartz. Deserts made of pure white sand and forests of crystalline growth cover the landscape.
On Eberron, one can be brought back after death as either an undead or as a deathless. Those that are undead are said to have been infused with the essence of Mabar, while deathless have been infused with the powers of Irian. The Undying Court of Aerenal is comprised of deathless imbued with energy from Irian.
- Irian is the home of a humanoid race named the lumi, humanoid creatures seemingly composed of light.
- The lantern archons make Irian their home as well.
- Creatures such as the ravid fly across the plane of Irian.
- Irian is also home to the positive energons known as the xag-ya.
- There are many manifest zones to Irian on the island Aerenal, which many believe is what sustains the Undying Court. The City of the Dead is built atop a manifest zone. Some also believe these manifest zones are what make Valenar riding horses so powerful.
- The small village of Shining Valley in Breland sits next to a manifest zone to Irian, bathing the village in a glow that heals wounds
Effects on the Material PlaneEdit
In the short period of time when Irian is coterminous with the Material Plane, life blossoms. Days are brighter, colors are vibrant and sensations are more intense. Positive energy spells are enhanced in these times, however the manifestations occur only for the hour surrounding noon. The plane is coterminous for ten days in the month of Eyre.
When Irian is remote, night becomes darker, numbness hangs in the air and spells with positive energy are less powerful. These manifestations occur during the autumn month of Sypheros for ten days.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Eberron Campaign Setting. Keith Baker, Bill Slavicsek, and James Wyatt (2004). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-3274-0.
- ↑ Races of Eberron. Jesse Decker, Matthew Sernett, Gwendolyn F.M. Kestrel, and Keith Baker (2005). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-3658-4.
- ↑ Player's Guide to Eberron. James Wyatt, Keith Baker, Luke Johnson, Steven Brown (2006). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-3912-5.
- ↑ Dragonshards: The Druids of Khorvaire, Part 4. Keith Baker (November 14th, 2005). Wizards of the Coast.
- ↑ Five Nations. Bill Slavicsek, David Noonan, and Christopher Perkins (2005). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-3690-8.
|The Planes of Eberron|
| The 13 Major Planes: Daanvi · Dal Quor · Dolurrh · Fernia · Irian · Kythri · Lamannia · Mabar · Risia · Shavarath · Syrania · Thelanis · Xoriat|