Gatherhold is a large town, and the largest settlement, in the Talenta Plains. Built into rocky outcroppings on the eastern shore of Lake Cyre, it is shared by all the tribes of halflings as a place to trade, hold celebrations and festivals and have tribal counsels. House Ghallanda has its headquarters there and maintains the town. House Orien maintains a lightning rail line that passes through the town and used to continue on into Metrol, before the Day of Mourning.
|Destination||Distance||Travel Time||1st Class (5 sp/mi)||Standard (2 sp/mi)||Steerage (3 cp/mi)|
|Fort Zombie||262 miles||8h, 44m||131 gp||52 gp, 4 sp||7 gp, 8 sp, 6 cp|
|Vedykar||501 miles||17h, 42m||250 gp, 5 sp||100 gp, 2 sp||15 gp, 3 cp|
|Vulyar||721 miles||26h, 2m||360 gp, 5 sp||144 gp, 2 sp||21 gp, 6 sp, 3 cp|
|Irontown||1177 miles||42h, 14m||588 gp, 5 sp||235 gp, 4 sp||35 gp, 3 sp, 1 cp|
|Krona Peak||1319 miles||47h, 58m||659 gp, 5 sp||263 gp, 8 sp||39 gp, 5 sp, 7 cp|
|Atur||728 miles||26h, 16m||364 gp||145 gp, 6 sp||21 gp, 8 sp, 4 cp|
|Korth||1060 miles||38h, 20m||530 gp||212 gp||31 gp, 8 sp|
|Rekkenmark||1201 miles||44h, 2m||600 gp, 5 sp||240 gp, 2 gp||36 gp, 3 cp|
- Note: travel times include 1 hour lay over at each station, and are based on speed of 30 miles per hour.
- Note: distances based on map at .
- Note: times and distances may vary from charts found on pp. 20-21 of the Explorer's Handbook.
- Karrnathi troops arrive on the lightning rail from Fort Zombie
- An aboleth or a living spell drifts across Lake Cyre from the Mournland