Established 200 years ago, this is a guild for adventurers and soldiers of fortune—a place for people with talent and courage to hone their skills and enjoy the company of like-minded folk. Many Deathsgate Guild adventurers served in the Last War.
The members of Deathsgate Guild have a strong rivalry with the adventurers of the Clifftop Guild, and Deathsgaters often start fights with their counterparts, both in Sharn and while out on adventures.
- Motto. “There is profit to be had from the past.”
- Headquarters. Deathsgate District, Middle Tavick’s Landing, Sharn
- Beliefs. The Deathsgate Adventurers’ Guild’s beliefs can be summarized as follows:
- Uncovering the treasures of the past is worth a lot to the right people.
- There can be no reward without risk.
- Goals. To bring profit to the Guild and its individuals by uncovering ancient artifacts, and selling them to those who bid high.
- Typical Quests. Uncovering ancient ruins and looting their treasures for profit.
An applicant must gain the approval of at least five current members of the Guild, and must pay the annual dues of 12 gp. Once they have done so, the adventurer gains Renown 1 with the Deathgate Adventurer Guild.
Basic Membership benefits include the following (further perks of belonging to the Guild are determined by Rank):
- While at the Guildhouse, members have advantage on Intelligence checks to estimate the value of a treasure or any Intelligence (History) checks made to determine information about Xen’drik or the Dhakaani Empire.
- The Guild maintains lists of references for hirelings and inquisitives that have worked for Guild members in the past. As a result, any hireling they employ through Guild references should be loyal and honest.
|1||Wanderer||Basic Membership benefits|
|3||Adventurer||Accommodations (Modest, highly secure; 5 sp/day|
|10||Fortune-Hunter||Storage (adamantine and steel vaults; 5 gp/object/week)|
|25||Explorer||Letter of Marque|
|50||Voyager||Access to House Lyrandar transportation|