|A solar, planetar, and astral deva, from the version 3.5 Monster Manual|
|3rd edition rules|
|Creature Type||Outsider (Angel, Extraplanar, Good)|
|Language(s)|| Celestial, Draconic, Infernal, Syranian,|
and any other languages through tongues
|Advancement||By hit dice|
|Size||Medium or Large|
|Source||Monster Manual v. 3.5, pg. 11|
|4th edition rules|
|Creature Type||Immortal humanoid (angel)|
|Size||Medium or Large|
|Source||Monster Manual (4th edition), pg. 14|
Angels are a race of celestials that fight on the side of good. While their native home is the plane of Syrania, angels travel across the planes hunting evil wherever it incarnates. Angels have been seen bringing their righteous wrath to everywhere from Shavarath to the Demon Wastes.
When angels become corrupted, they are cast out by their brethren, ripped of their wings and sent to the Material Plane. These angels are now radiant idols, and serve the cause of evil. They frequently build cults around themselves, and seek revenge against their former brothers.
The angels serve the cause of the Sovereign Host; however, they do not have direct access to the words of their lords. Angels will aide fellow worshipers through the use of commune spells. Some angels serve the Church of the Silver Flame, and can be found in Flamekeep.
Angels call Syrania, the Azure Sky their home. The plane of air is home to large crystalline cities, each perfect in their construction. These cities are the homes to the angels, with each city ruled by a solar.
- Vyrael, the Ashen Sword, Eighth among the Burning Host of Syrania. Vyrael is stationed as the guardian of a permanent portal between Syrania and Sharn, the City of Towers.
Appearance & PersonalityEdit
Angels look like perfectly flawless humanoids, with beautiful features. Most angels stand taller than mortals at 9' in height. They possess a variety of skin and hair colors. Angels have feathery wings that sprout from their shoulders that they can use to carry them aloft or travel through Syrania.
Angels are the paragons of virtue, honor, and honesty. They are trustworthy and diplomatic. They do not wish violence, but if violence is needed, they will engage quickly and will not back down from a fight.
Through their celestially divine nature, angels have a wide array of abilities. Each angel has differing spell-like abilities. They all are immortal, cannot be killed, and have the ability to regenerate their wounds. All angels are immune to acid, cold, and petrification, and all angels are highly resistant to electricity and fire. All angels have darkvision, low-light vision, and the ability to speak any language. Angels also have an aura around them that helps protect them from evil. Angels can fly through the use of their wings.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Eberron Campaign Setting. Keith Baker, Bill Slavicsek, and James Wyatt (2004). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-3274-0.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Monster Manual. Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, and Monte Cook (July 2003). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ Explorer's Handbook. David Noonan, Rich Burlew, and Frank Brunner (2005). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-3691-6.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Son of Khyber. Keith Baker (November 2009). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-5234-2.
- ↑ Faiths of Eberron. Jennifer Clarke Wilkes, Ari Marmell, and C.A. Suleiman (2006). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-3934-6.
- ↑ Eberron Campaign Guide. James Wyatt and Keith Baker (2009). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-5099-4.
- ↑ Secrets of Xen'drik. Keith Baker, Jason Bulmahn, and Amber Scott (2006). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-3916-8.
|Civilized Races: Changeling | Drow | Dwarf | Elf | Gnome | Goblin | Half-Elf | Half-Orc | Halfling | Hobgoblin | Human | Kalashtar | Orc | Shifter | Warforged|
|Monstrous Races: Doppelganger | Dragon | Dragonborn | Gnoll | Kobold | Lizardfolk | Medusa | Sahuagin | Shulassakar | Yuan-Ti|
|Outsiders: Aasimar | Angel | Archon | Daelkyr | Demon | Devil | Elemental | Genie | Githyanki | Githzerai | Inevitable | Mephit | Quori | Slaad | Tiefling|